Monday, November 25, 2013

Come Back To Yourself Again and Again.

One of the things that has been on my mind lately is the constant battle some of us face regarding the inability to really listen to what our body, heart and mind need. Often we can get stuck in a tangled web of "truths" in wolf's clothing that we make up in our heads. Things like I am not good enough, I don't deserve that, I have to, I am, etc. The list goes on, these assumptions we make in our head become our truth, and they are often not truth, but just thoughts. One of my teacher role models Kathryn Budig reminds her students and herself to Aim True. In the video I am posting below, she states "Aim True means the ability to wake up every single day and just set intention". This intention that we try to have for ourselves first thing in the morning, at the start of our new goal, is so innocent, and unscathed and achievable. This becomes difficult to stay true to however, when you factor in our own thoughts about ourselves, or even what the world tells us. We are constantly bombarded with flashes of images and ideals of what we should be, could be, need to be. I have found that through the practice of yoga, you can become aware of these thoughts that are in fact not truth, and come back to yourself, on your mat, your field of grass, your living, room, sitting in your car, again and again. We do this over and over so that as Ms. Budig says, you can always Aim True to who you are, what you want, and truly listen. Always be yourself, everyone else is taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment